Importing Price variants
Hereby you can learn how to:
- Update variant prices
- Activate / deactivate pricing variants
Before the importing price variants, you need to add all the products to the system, to create the variants and assign an additional fields group that contains variants of the related category. Detailed instructions for the variant creation to be found here!
How to proceed - pricing variants import (prices update)
1. Create a MS Excel sheet containing the following columns:
- import_code - include this column n case you use your own import code to identify the product. If you don´t use the import_code, do not add the column or leave it empty.
- info_product – product name
- currency – currency (e.g. EUR) - the "currency" column is mandatory also when updating the prices.
- group - do not fill
- info_variant - variant name
- product_id – product ID
- value_id – pricing variant ID
- price – pricing variant price - price ex VAT
If you want to spare yourself the effort, you can export the prices first; so you don´t need to create the XLS file yourself. Go to Settings / Export, Import / Wizard, choose Export and then Prices. Prices export file contains all the columns necessary to do the pricing variants import.
A sample of XLS file for the pricing variants import:
Note: you can find out the product_id and the value_id by exporting the table PRICING VARIANTS along with the products. You can find the product and its ID in the exported XLS file. Variants ID can be found in the second sheet called "variantPrices".
2. Name the sheet prices
3. Save the file in .xls format and upload it in Settings / Export, Import / Wizard / Import using the radio button Prices. Detailed instructions to be found here.
This import will alter the variant prices, but not the variant activation.
The following import needs to be done to activate the pricing variants:
The XLS file for pricing variants activation should contain the following:
First column: product_id – product ID
Next columns: variant_id - variant ID; you can add an underscore and a variant name (info_variant) identical to the one in the Administration to give more information about the variant. (e.g. 212-size XXL)
Name the sheet variantPrices
Save the file and upload it in SETTINGS/Import, Export/Wizard - Import using the radio button Price variants.
You need to insert the variant prices into the columns. Otherwise, the import will fail. Only the variants that have the price assigned will be activated. Therefore, if you want to import variant prices and activate the variants, it is recommended to use the import XLS file with prices included to activate the variants. You save your time as you don´t need to do the first import mentioned in part 1.
The empty deactivate the variant, i.e. such a variant will not be available in your store.
Do you use additional charges? If so, do not miss the instructions for additional charge variants, or variants import, where you can update the pricing variants and additional charges variants at the same time.