How to lock website? Use simple password protection by BizWebs
Simple password protection by BizWebs is a special feature when selected pages are accessible only for selected users / VIP members, where users have to be log into the site with a username and password after registration. Offer favorable prices for VIP clients or wholesale customers, hide pages. All these properties can be easily set under the BizWebs system by password protection or locking the sites.
All features your password protection included:
- Page content protected by password
- Password protected categories
- Hidden pages
- Pages visible only for registered users
- Set up visibility for registered users
- Management group of users
Page content protected by password
Let us assume that the content of a selected page in your website or online store should not be accessible to the public. Only selected visitors can access it. To access the page, the user needs a username and a password.
There are two ways to protect a webpage with the password:
1. The page will be visible on the menu. If somebody opens it, they will see a notice of hidden page content and will be prompted to use the password.
2. The visitor can access the page only if they know the URL address. The page is not visible on the menu. To access the page, the user is prompted to use the password.
Not all pages are visible on the menu. Especially in larger websites, it is better to hide some of the pages in the menu and enable redirecting from related pages. The URL address of hidden web pages works as usual and its content is available to all visitors.
Another option is to block the page. You can use it in the case that you need to hide a page with invalid information or if the content is not finished and you do not want anybody to access it, e.g. through search engines. The URL address in these pages is not active so the search engines do not index it.